#1 Esthetics Counterculture

Esthetics

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 452 posts
  • Counterculture
  • Account id:ArtPulse.8630

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

Join fellow toasts in the Tarnished Coast Mumble!

On Mumble server selection screen, select Add new..., then:

Label:

Tarnished Coast

Address:

mumble.forthetoast.com (142.4.201.121)

Port:

Username:

[Tag]Username

• Where Tag is your guild's tag. If you aren't in one, use [_] instead (underscore).
  • Where Username is your main name / main character name. You can't use spaces. If you do, login will fail.

When asked for it, the server password is:

forthetoast

To copy-paste in Borderlands and Eternal Battlegrounds only:

TC Mumble - Address: mumble.forthetoast.com - Port: 50388 - PW: forthetoast - Username: [Tag]Username (no spaces or login will fail).

- -

I've put emphasis on the no spaces because this is the #1 problem I seem to troubleshoot.

Happy toasting! :D

Edited by Melydia, 27 October 2013 - 09:17 PM.
Added in password and the IP address

• kurtosis and Nabrok like this

cult-signature.png

Meet the Counterculture

An epic guild run entirely by it's members

#2 Melydia Standing United [STUN]

Melydia

Advanced Member

• Fancy Moderator
  • 1,560 posts
  • Standing United [STUN]
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta
  • Account id:shiara.4728

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Once you are on the Mumble, you should immediately be able to use all the channels, except for the public WvW channels and certain rooms set with special permissions. To gain access to the WvW rooms, please look for someone who can register you. Most often you are best served asking in Map or Team chat of one of the WvW zones, as you will generally need to be in the WvW zone to prove you are a Toaster to get approved anyway. But if not, you may also try to directly get in touch with one of the following people to approve you.

The list of Mumble admins with the ability to register, perform name changes, create guild rooms, and add new registrars (the second list below):

Mumble Name --- In-game account ID

[DIS]Nabrok@ --- Nabrok.9023
[PiNK]StephenBrolbert@ --- BrosephStalin.3657
[STUN]Melydia@ --- shiara.4728

The (mostly current) list of users with the ability to register and perform name changes:

Mumble Name --- In-game account ID

[AARM]KaldoranBloodwar --- Bloodstorm.6015

[Acuo]Jyotis_Ravi --- Edan Oberon.6174

[Ahma]Estaily --- Lordelel.7105

[Awe]ElizaStormheart --- Rendyk.2439

[Awe]InoriCross --- 

[Awe]SoniaSonn --- SSonia.3908

[BANG]Eitte --- Bearlin.7238

[BOMB]DoctorSteam --- Hollister.9718

[BOMB]TwitchEe-Omnee - wiat.3806

[CAKE]RethdinTyr --- Err.8260

[CERN]AineNight --- Aine.5860

[CERN]Calimshan --- Calimshan.8250

[CERN]Divine --- Divine Mystery.1360

[CERN]Paulus_Of_Disco --- darker sonjin.1609

[CERN]PhloMeyrin --- Phlogistn.7893

[CERN]Xerica --- sneakytail.5783

[CRZY]Avacyns --- Kanade.4397

[CRZY]Lucsette --- huglife.3907

[Choo]Lite --- Mighty Assasin.3816

[Cult]Esthetics --- ArtPulse.8630

[DEA]Saxon --- 

[DIS]Rainhall --- Sergo.2867
[DIS]Ruq --- Ruq.5396

[DN]FrozenDelicious --- FrozenDelicious.3690

[DN]Hammered --- Avenge.1478

[ECHO]Ches --- cheshire.3712

[ESP]Karuna --- Karuna.1357

[ESP]Missy --- Missy.6803
[FIST]Sylvan --- NamzarrIronforge.3586
[FLUX]Ryvalia --- alacritythief.9756

[FUNK]Funk --- Goose.9420

[FUNK]Lei --- metagirl.6971

[FUNK]Michael --- ArdentCuttlefish.3645

[GC]Nonvo_Hodor --- nonvo.3429

[GC]Rai --- Jax.1283

[HEL]Desdemona --- Desdemona.6953

[HEL]Green_Arrow --- Green Arrow.5689

[HIRE]Aurust --- Aurust.8961

[HIRE]Mauri --- Mauri.1496

[HIRE]Scyprotek --- Medeyn.8562

[Hi]Bastion --- Bastion.4065

[INVC]Acerox --- AceRox.9465
[INVC]_Hugable --- Hugable.7160
[JOY]ZenMasterLB --- Lbcommander.2197

[KO]Grenth --- Reaper.7298

[Kazo-DIS]Synnie --- Meredith.3829
[Kazo-STUN]Dalloway --- Dalloway.9853
[Kazo]Zudoari --- Zjuu.5431
[LUN]Aqua --- 
[LUN]Dgin --- Mohmohchan.4120

[LUN]GhostNStuffX --- Insight.1683

[LUN]Reed --- PauloJr.6410

[LUN]Revam --- Revam.7286

[MOON-ATC]Shidden --- Shidden.4571

[MoM]Azelroth-Maikhano --- Azelroth.6801

[MoM]Rachelyz --- Juristium.8643

[NAGA]Scisyhp --- Bleau.2469
[NOPE]Commander_Jadon --- CommanderJadon.7205

[NYS]Seventh --- SirCalz.3204

[NYS]Yon --- MsYonbb.7902

[NYX]ChickenCaesar --- Twilite.3870

[NoX]RedQuorn --- Redmug.4670

[OPED]Bloodgrave --- Ashgrave.8712

[OPED]Chrystaliz --- Fennymcjoo.9502

[PHS-CERN]Apocolyte --- Apocolyte.8093

[PHS]NullCollateral --- Lakord.7435

[PiNK]Namsung --- Nazzar Demoniac.2154

[PiNK]Praetorian --- Praetorian.3948

[PiNK]Savato --- Savato.9182

[Pro]Noelemahc --- Noelemahc.7842

[QP]Eolyn_Fay --- kuroji.5203

[Rebel]Sov --- Sovereign.1093

[SAVY-MoM]Wren --- Wren Raveness.6791

[STUN]Bane --- baillenheif.7526
[STUN]Fading --- Famine.6548
[STUN]Traxien --- Traxien Cion.9261

[TF]Leo --- Waratah.1940

[TLS]MogRuith --- Mog Ruith.6931

[TORK]ZOG --- Babybear.3486
[TSF]Aidan --- jaobrien.5620

[TSF]ETHAN --- Ethan Mccloud.3218
[TSF]JOE --- JoeMitch.8520
[WAR]Dethroat --- Dethroat.3514
[Yum]Dancer --- Dark Saphira.9243

[ZzZz]CharrbanYahoo --- Master Farkha.1857

[ZzZz]Kaeleth --- rhyein.6172

[ZzZz]Nightlight --- Nightlight.1624
[ZzZz]Rhongo --- Rhongomyniad.5081

[ZzZz]Thebearrrrr. --- thebearrrrr.8640

[_]Khornne.Maul --- maul.5421

[_]Legendary_Moey --- Moey.6931

[vX]B_Team_Commander --- Gambino.8136

[vX]Lebowski --- Rndm.1752

[ÆSS]Papa_Berry --- Dableuberry.1780

This list is accurate as of May 10 2014, 9:20 am ST.

Cheers,
~Mely

Edited by Melydia, 10 May 2014 - 04:20 PM.

• Esthetics, Missy, Stephen Brolbert and 4 others like this

Melydia, blue mesmer.
Standing United [STUN]
Mostly retired now.

#3 Melydia Standing United [STUN]

Melydia

Advanced Member

• Fancy Moderator
  • 1,560 posts
  • Standing United [STUN]

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

Frequently Asked Questions

General

Q: Where do I go to download Mumble?

A: Go to http://mumble.sourceforge.net/ and look for the "Get Mumble" section in the middle of the page. You want to download either the latest (Stable) or (Snapshot) version for your operating system.

Q: Can you walk me through setting up and connecting to Mumble for the first time?
A: Sure! Once you download and install Mumble, open it. Note that installing it sometimes requires a reboot of Windows.

1) It should go through initial setup to determine your audio and certificate settings. You will want to either create a new certificate or let it create one for you automatically, and you should export and back it up somewhere safe. it isn't the end of the world if you lose it, however. (Just your local state/province/county.)

2) Once you are in the main Mumble window, go to Server -> Connect. Ignore all the servers listed here - I usually click on the > arrow next to "Public Internet" to close it altogether.

3) Click on Add New... and enter in the following information:

• Label: (Anything you like, this is your way of identifying the server. (eg. TC Mumble)
  • Address: 142.4.201.121 (or mumble.forthetoast.com)
  • Port: 50388 (not the default 64738)
  • Username: [TAG]Name (eg. [STUN]Melydia). If you are unguilded, or do not want to display a primary guild tag, you should use [_] instead.

then hit OK. You should see a new category above Public Internet, called Favorite, with your newly-created server listed underneath.

4) Hit Connect. You should see a screen that starts with "Server presented a certificate which failed verification.." Just hit Yes on that screen.

5) You will get a popup box that says "Wrong server password for unregistered user account, please try again." Put in forthetoast and hit OK.

6) You're in! You should be in the Register Me channel by default - now you can either join a guild or event channel or find someone to register you so you can join the WvW ones.

Q: I am a new arrival to Mumble and want to get myself registered. I've been sitting in Register Me for hours. How do I go about doing so?

A: You need to contact someone, generally in WvW Map or Team chat, or through sending people tells, to register you. The Register Me channel is not an automatic verification thing since anyone can create an account and sit in there - it's where we look to find someone that PMs us asking for registration. The hopefully updated list of people that can register is listed just above this post. Also see the channel comments to the right of the main rooms.

Q: Why can't I change my Mumble username?
A: That's just the nature of Mumble registration - once you are registered, your name is locked in to the server list, and changing it in the Edit Server box will do nothing. To change it once registered, you need to contact a Mumble admin or registrar.

Q: Where can I see Mumble comments?
A: Click (or hover the cursor) on the yellow or grey C icon to the right of the channel name or person in Mumble, that icon means that there's a comment attached. Yellow means you haven't viewed it since the last time it's changed. Grey means you have.

Q: Why does my sound from GW2/other programs cut out when I and/or other users are talking?
A: This is due to the attenuation feature. To disable it, go to Configure -> Settings. Make sure the Advanced checkbox in the bottom left corner is ticked. Go to the Audio Output tab, and then uncheck either or both of the checkboxes under "Attenuate applications by.."

Q: Why does the Mumble overlay not work with GW2?
A: This one is a mystery. Some people have it work for some configurations, but it doesn't work for most people. This is supposedly something that will eventually be fixed in Mumble 1.2.5. I can get it working on the currently newest 1.2.4 snapshot (1.2.5 beta), but it tends to be laggy and freeze Mumble (and/or the game) now and then. Your mileage may vary.

You will likely have to manually add GW2 to the Whitelist, or use the blacklist and empty it out altogether, for it to work though.

There is a method to get the overlay working, but it involves putting your GW2 username and password in plain text in the game shortcut. And it breaks (or used to break) the TP, as well as other minor complications. There are also patched Mumble 1.2.4 clients that people have submitted where the overlay (supposedly) works. And other cleaner workarounds that familiar people have found.

They're *probably* safe, but use those at your own risk!

Q: What are the usage guidelines for our Mumble server?
A: The official Terms of Use are here. We interpret the internet radio station rule to mean no music bots as well, as we don't want to be flagged for that and lose our server if they see too much traffic passing through a few particular connections for an extended period of time.

In terms of community use, the server is open for all members of TC (and our friends) - whether for WvW, sPVP, GvG, PvE, RP, or any other nefarious purposes, though by and large the server's activity comes from WvW. We have enough slots for 10,000 concurrent users on the server. All we ask is that they abide by the rules.

Q: How much does Mumble cost? Can we donate to it?
A: Info and donation page (not compulsory, by any stretch of the imagination) is located here.

Q: I know X guild or person has left the server, but s/he's still in Mumble. What can I do?
A: By and large we admins give them a grace period (while they are in the midst of transferring), before blanket deleting their Mumble access, minus any particular members that we are told are staying. We are fairly on top of this though, but always welcome new reports, queries, etc brought to our attention. If you are deleted because the rest of your guild left the server, even though you were staying, oops. Just re-register, it should not take too long.

Q: How do I set up/change my Push To Talk keys in Mumble?

A: To actually set up Push To Talk:

1) From the Mumble menu, go to Configure, and then Settings.

2) On the default Audio Input tab, under the Transmission section, set Transmit to "Push To Talk".

3) If you check the Advanced checkbox near the bottom of the Mumble Configuration page, you will get additional settings that you can tweak!

To set or change the push to talk key:

1) From the Mumble menu, go to Configure, and then Settings.

2) On the left Menu, click on Shortcuts.

3) If you already do have a line in the Shortcuts list that starts with Push-to-Talk, and you are not looking to set up a new, separate binding, go to Step 6. Else proceed to Step 4 below.

4) If you are trying to create a new binding, click on the Add button at the bottom. It should create a new line in the Shortcuts box, that starts as Unassigned, under the Function column.

5) Click on the word Unassigned, under the Function column. A drop-down box should appear. Select "Push-to-Talk" from the list.

6) On the Push-to-Talk line that you want to change, click once in the area below the Shortcut column. A grey box named Press Shortcut should appear. Pressing a mouse or keyboard button at that point will bind that as your Text To Speech button (and override any already set).

• If the PTT button is a keyboard key, the Shortcut column will be something starting with "K:", ie "K:Ctrl", "K:Num 4" or "K:~"
  • If the PTT button is a mouse key, the Shortcut column will be something starting with "M:", ie "M:Button 0"
  • You can even set the PTT button to a controller button. Let's hope you never need to though!

7) Hit the OK button to save your changes!

Let me (or any other Mumble/forum admins/mods) know any comments, suggestions, criticisms, typoes etc you may have! Cliche aside, this is always going to be a work in progress.   :)

Last major edit on Feb 18 2014, 1:04 pm ST. Swapped the first two sections of the FAQ so it makes more sense. Added a question about where to even get Mumble.

~Melydia

Edited by Melydia, 18 February 2014 - 09:05 PM.

• Zona Eshe, Anna, kurtosis and 1 other like this

Melydia, blue mesmer.
Standing United [STUN]
Mostly retired now.

#4 Melydia Standing United [STUN]

Melydia

Advanced Member

• Fancy Moderator
  • 1,560 posts
  • Standing United [STUN]

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

Troubleshooting

Q: I get a "Server connection rejected: Invalid username." error when trying to connect, and it pops up a box asking for a new username.
A: The most common cause of this is that you need to have a username without spaces, especially between the [Tag] and your name. So rename it to "[Tag]Name" instead of "[Tag] Name". Some punctuation and other symbols are also not allowed.

Q: I get a "Server connection rejected: Wrong password." or "Wrong server password for unregistered user account, please try again." error when trying to connect, and it pops up a box asking for a password.
A: You always get this box the first time you connect, or if it changes for some reason, since for some reason there is no password box in the Edit Server box when setting up the connection. This is where you enter forthetoast for the server password. It will automatically save the password for subsequent connections.

Q: I get a "Server connection failed: Connection timed out." or "Server disconnected: Connection timed out." error when trying to connect. This happens even if I can see the number of users online and my ping to the server.
A: This usually turns out to be a firewall thing. The mumble port is being blocked somewhere along the way to the server. Check your local firewall, or router firewall. See this thread for a possible fix for Comcast users, but the general idea is similar.

Q: I've connected fine before.. but I get a "Server connection rejected: Wrong certificate or password." when I try now.
A: This means that the username you are trying to use, was registered on Mumble before, and that registration was linked to a certain local certificate. But your certificate has now changed, perhaps because you reformatted your computer or are on another computer now. The digital signature of the certificate is unique each time you create it (even if you use the same name/email address), and the server senses the mismatch.

There are two ways to resolve this:

1) If you have a backup of your old certificate, go to Configure -> Certificate Wizard, pick Import a certificate, browse to where the backup certificate is stored, and select it.

2) Otherwise, log in with a different username and contact a Mumble admin or registrar. They will be able to delete your old registered username, and then register you under that old name. If you had register powers, or guild channel admin powers, you need to contact a Mumble admin to get that set up again.

tl;dr: Export a copy of your Mumble certificate before reformatting your computer!

Q: I get a "Server connection failed: Connection refused." error when trying to connect.
A: The official Mumble FAQ says this is usually a port error, but there are some people on Google that swear up and down that their IP/port is correct and they still get this sometimes. I think it usually has to do with a mumble server mis-configuration, but ours works and has worked for quite some time. I have not actually seen anyone with this error while trying to connect to the TC server yet. But contact me/us and we'll try to figure this one out.

Q: Can I use Mumble on my iPhone, Android etc?
A: I believe so. But ensure that the app you use supports Certificate Login (or similar feature). Otherwise while you can connect, you will not be able to be registered (no Register option on right-click), and thus cannot enter the WvW rooms. If you are on an iPhone or similar product, this technique to import a certificate through iTunes may be of help.

Q: I can hear people speak on Mumble but no one can hear me speak!

or,
Q: My mic doesn't work when I'm tabbed into Guild Wars 2, but only when I'm actually on the Mumble window?
A: This can usually be fixed by launching Mumble in Administrator mode. This or this are some example guides on how to do so (on Windows 7/8). This has nothing to do with being a Mumble admin - it's administrator on your local computer that they are referring to.

An alternate answer to the first question: Did you set up your Push to Talk key? If not, look for how to do that, under the General FAQ section below!

Let me (or any other Mumble/forum admins/mods) know any comments, suggestions, criticisms, typoes etc you may have! Cliche aside, this is always going to be a work in progress.   :)

Last major edit on May 26 2014, 6:16 am STFixed a broken link with a solution that a forum user posted.

~Melydia

Edited by Melydia, 26 May 2014 - 01:16 PM.

Melydia, blue mesmer.
Standing United [STUN]
Mostly retired now.

#5 Melydia Standing United [STUN]

Melydia

Advanced Member

• Fancy Moderator
  • 1,560 posts
  • Standing United [STUN]

Registrars

Q: How do I become a registrar (someone with the ability to register others)?
A: Only Mumble admins can set new people as registrars. Generally the policy we follow is that they're the leader (or high ranking officer) of a guild that WvWs fairly regularly, or a commander that commands often. But that's not a guarantee, nor a strict requirement, and a small "business case" usually has to be made (ie, explain why you need it). We also have to feel you're trustworthy, and that you cover a time period or set of people that no one else already does. But it varies. Registration ability is a responsibility, and a service to TC, and not a privilege to flaunt or to have just because others do. We prefer people to just direct to existing registrars where possible.

Q: How do I register someone?

A: Right click on their name and select Register from the context menu. It's near the bottom. You can see if they are already registered by checking the list of icons to the right of their name - an icon of a person with a green + symbol by it means that they are registered. If they do not have a green symbol AND you do not see a register option, then either you do not have the Register ability, or you aren't allowed to do it in the room they are in. Rarely, it can mean they are on a mobile device and need to properly set up a Mumble cert.

Twuwg7D.png

Q: What are the guidelines we should follow when registering someone?
A: The main guideline is that the person being registered MUST BE ON TC. This is usually done in team/map chat or a sighting of the requesting player in a World vs World zone, though there are other ways of doing so as well.

You only need registration to enter the World vs World channels - guild channels by default are open to anyone regardless of registration. Thus your guild members on another server are welcome to join Mumble and can still do nearly anything your TC members can, except enter the WvW rooms. There is (nearly) no reason someone not on TC needs registration.

There are two other things I check for - the first is that their username conforms to the standard. [TAG]Name is what has been agreed upon, where TAG is their 2-4 letter guild tag, and Name is usually a main character or their account name. Unguilded (or unspecified) guilds should be listed as [_]Name. Otherwise the person risks randomly losing their registered flag, and the registrar his/her ability to register, as we do go in and clear bad names (especially those without tags) fairly often. Square brackets too please, though that one we can just go in to rename.

The other thing is to check their AP, if possible - there's the occasional person that tries to get registered when they have under (say) 250 AP, and I simply won't do it unless someone else can vouch for them as a personal friend. The threshold is subjective and different for everyone, but it helps keep the server safe for everyone by ensuring that people like Aeonbladex ([RQ]Novus' well-known spy account) and friends don't get in. However, we understand that in the heat of battle, this isn't always possible.

A note on spies: Of course they will happen despite our best efforts, and you can call it paranoia or futile - but please don't hate on or actively work against the people putting in the effort and trying their best to keep the server as safe an environment as possible. If you don't like the actual work involved, don't do it - having register permissions is a responsibility, not a right or a power to flaunt, and that's another reason why we do not specifically mark the accounts in Mumble. And whether spies are in map/team chat or not and can see the tags and callouts anyway is totally irrelevant to their having Mumble access.

By the same note, if we know the person has multiple accounts, some on TC and some elsewhere, we usually decide to register them or not based on where their primary account is. Some get registered again by other registrars anyway - when we get tired of fighting them, we just remove the registrar's powers and/or add those users to a banned list for the WvW channels so their registration flag is ineffective. Please don't do that. They do not need to be registered to hang out in your guild channel (and they are more than welcome to be on the Mumble server itself.)

Q: What is the policy on vanity names?
A: By and large, none allowed. You need to be recognizable when you enter a WvW room, and while you may be popular among your own clique, there will always be people in the larger community who will not know who you are.

Q: How do I change someone's Mumble name?

A: Everyone who has registration permissions also has rename permissions, it's part and parcel of the role. To do it, go to Server -> Registered Users, and then type part of their name in the box at the bottom to search for them. You can double click, right click on their name, or hit F2 to rename them. You can also right click on their name or hit the Delete button to unregister them.

Abusing this to change someone else's name unwillingly will cause you to lose your register powers when reported!

Q: I tried the above steps, but I have neither a search box, nor a rename button!

A: This means you're using the stable version of Mumble (1.2.4 or 1.2.5) and that's fine too! You just have to scroll down manually to the person in the list, and right click on them to get the Rename option. The permissions are still there, just the search functionality is missing. To get that search functionality, you currently need to download the newest Snapshot version of Mumble, which you can currently do by going to the Mumble Download Page and clicking the Mumble version for your OS that has the word (Snapshot) next to it (see below).

If you get       Cz4OmmBs.png
But you want rPunTkJs.png

Then you need to 084H5bV.png

Q: I know X guild has left the server, can I go through and delete them all?

A: No, please don't do that, unless X guild is your guild, because in some cases we may have been told of particular people who will not be transferring and so could have them on a do-not-delete list already. They also usually get a grace period, to let their members decide who's staying and who's going. Feel free to let us know though!

Let me (or any other Mumble/forum admins/mods) know any comments, suggestions, criticisms, typoes etc you may have! Cliche aside, this is always going to be a work in progress.  :)

Last major edit on Feb 18 2014, 11:34 pm ST. Bolded and underlined a section that was already there. No actual additions.

~Melydia

Edited by Melydia, 19 February 2014 - 07:34 AM.

Melydia, blue mesmer.
Standing United [STUN]
Mostly retired now.

#6 Melydia Standing United [STUN]

Melydia

Advanced Member

• Fancy Moderator
  • 1,560 posts
  • Standing United [STUN]

Guild Rooms

Q: What guidelines do we need to have our own guild rooms?
A: Your guild leaders (and preferably, most of your members) need to be on TC. You don't have to be a WvW guild to get your own guild channel! As a guild leader/officer, you need to contact one of the Mumble admins, and we can create the channel for you and give you and anyone else the appropriate permissions.

You will be local administrators of the channel and, for example, will be able to do the following things within your guild channel and all subchannels:

• Kick or ban users from entering.
  • Mute/deafen users who are in your channel (although this then follows them when they hop channels after).
  • Create and delete subchannels.
  • Link/unlink your guild channel to/from the WvW channels.
  • Make the guild channel or a subchannel registered-users only, set passwords, etc. Do this sparingly - we all live and die as a community after all.
  • Assign or remove local admin permissions to other users so they can do these same things.

Q: Do unused guild rooms get deleted?

A: Yes. And we track whether it is unused or not based on whether someone who is registered, and has only that guild's tag and no other secondary tags in their Mumble name, has logged onto Mumble in the last 2 weeks. (The scripts won't catch someone with [AAAA-BBBB] guild tags under either the [AAAA] or [BBBB] filter, so that account won't be able to keep either guild flagged as active by itself.) You don't always immediately lose it when you hit the 2 week period, but you may!

Q: How do I add other users as channel admin in my guild channel, so they can add subchannels, kick others etc?

A: To do so, first make sure they're registered on the Mumble server (they have a symbol with the green + by their name). Then,

1) Right click on your guild channel, and go to Edit.

2) Go to the Groups tab on top.

3) Under the 'Group' header, there's a blank drop-down box. Click the arrow next to the box, and select 'admin'

4) Under the 'Members' box on the bottom left, there's a box beside the Add button. Type in the player's Mumble name in there.

5) Press Add. If the name comes out in italics, then that means the player does not exist - please check your spelling. If the name comes out in lowercase, or regular lettering, that means it probably worked.

6) Hit Ok. They should be channel admins now!

Q: How do I ban other users from my channel?
A: To ban a user, they must be registered on the Mumble server (ie they have the symbol with the green + by their name). If not, there is a way around it still, but please contact the Mumble admins for that as we'd want to know by that point. Otherwise, it's basically the same as adding a channel admin:

1) Right click on your guild channel, and go to Edit.

2) Go to the Groups tab on top.

3) Under the 'Group' header, there's a blank drop-down box. Click the arrow next to the box, and select 'banned'

4) Under the 'Members' box on the bottom left, there's a box beside the Add button. Type in the player's Mumble name in there.

5) Press Add. If the name comes out in italics, then that means the player does not exist - please check your spelling. If the name comes out in lowercase, or regular lettering, that means it probably worked.

6) Hit Ok. They should now be banned from your guild channel.

Let me (or any other Mumble/forum admins/mods) know any comments, suggestions, criticisms, typoes etc you may have! Cliche aside, this is always going to be a work in progress.  :)

Last major edit on Feb 16 2014, 1:19 am ST. Split up the FAQ and added dividers.

~Melydia

Edited by Melydia, 17 February 2014 - 11:52 PM.

• The Red Quorn and Eliza Stormheart like this

Melydia, blue mesmer.
Standing United [STUN]
Mostly retired now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users